Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Wooden Crate Table Update

Just in case you are wondering, the table project will be completed over a period of weeks, most likely. The girls are going to help me with some detail work (I am so excited about it!), and then, once that is done, I will still have to stain and seal it.  Our homemade wood stain is not making much progress, but I have read that it can take a couple of weeks to develop colour, so I am still hopeful.  I have been shopping around for eco-friendly stains in colours that might be similar to what I am hoping to get from our penny/vinegar concoction, just in case it doesn't work the way it's supposed to.  Also shopping around for a tempered glass top for the whole thing, which I know will make it look a bit less rustic, but I think we need a) the added strength and b) a smooth surface for writing, drawing, etc.  We are a writing and drawing kind of family.

Pretty sure we are going to bring it in tomorrow, to protect it from the elements, and we will take it back outside when we need to work on it again.

I'll keep you posted on our progress as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment