Saturday, January 1, 2011

*ring* *ring*

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's 2011."

"So...THIS is what they mean when they talk about 'ringing in the New Year?' Weird."

"Yeah, well...it's the modern age. The times they are a'changin'. Right?"

"Guess so. So...um...I'm kinda busy with the champagne and Auld Lang Syne over here. What did you want?"

"Just thought I'd let you know ~ I've arrived."

"Thank God. I certainly hope you kicked that punk 2010 in the ass on his way out."

"Oh, yeah. I don't think he'll be coming around here again."

"Good. Did you tell him to take all his shit with him?"

"Yeah, yeah, but...you know...I'm sure he left a few things behind."

"Well, okay...I guess. If he left anything I like, I'm keeping it. Otherwise, it'll be on the curb in the morning."

"Hey, that's entirely up to you. Your house; your rules."

"Right on. Well, they're drinking a cup of kindness over here..."

"Mmmmm-mmmm! Love me some kindness!"

"...and I'm sure you have a lot of other calls to make..."

"Oh! Right...right...Yep. Lots of calls. So...well...Happy...me. I'll give it my best shot."

"Thanx, man. Happy you, indeed."

2 comments: